Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

When I was very young, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind was the first animation movie I saw.

I remember my mother's friend gave me the whole bunch of Ghibli animation CD and I watch them as I am a kid. It would be a lie if I say I understand the whole films. Actually, I did not understand most of the film's story at that time. Nausicca was cool, but Ohmu was really, really scary for I was a child. And for Mononoke Hime, they cut off the kami's head. Spirited Away has some of the grotesque parts such as parents becoming a gigantic(and realistic) pig, and  Kaonashi eathing horribly. To be honest, It is quite scary for a kid right?

However, I really liked them even just for the visual. I closed my eyes when I get too scared. I didn't understand the story at all, but I remember the moment. When Nausicaa, she spins her whistle, the quiet spinning sound makes Ohmu to calms down and she could get them to stop. She made a beautiful garden of her own and find out the plant's are not toxic. She could fly with her gliding plane and flies with her own command. She even has her own cute foxy creature pet. Everything the character has was truly fascinating to me. Nausicaa was my hero and still, she would be listed at top rankings if I would count the coolest hero that I have ever seen.

I really couldn't find the manga right now in Korean so I saw the movie again, but I really wish I could get those books in my own language and places it in my bookshelf.

Nausicca has many things going on with the story in a relatively short amount of time. We have to catch up with many stories during the movie and it is not easy to understand everything in only one call. We have to watch it again and take times to understand the story. Find a point where we want to focus and think about the point deeply. It is actually a really deep story and it's never lost to see a great movie again.

I feel bad I couldn't saw Nausicca in a theater I wish them on the screen again to watch it in Imax size. This is a real masterpiece and I wish Ghibli makes them more.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Questions

I Saw it